1) Tell us about yourself! When did you start writing? Why? Who inspired you?
I think I started writing before I really knew what writing was. When I was a kid, I loved to make up epic, involved stories about my dolls, create settings with my toys, dress up and pretend to be someone else. I still do all those things, only now, I do them with words.
2) What is your newest release (Or upcoming)? Tell us a little bit about it.
I recently released A World Apart, the first book in my new urban fantasy series, ShadesIt's about a private detective who teams up with a psychic medium to solve a murder.
I'm currently working on the next book in the series, Season Of The Witch. In that book, the private detective's partner teams up with the psychic medium's best friend (a witch) to investigate the massacre of her coven.
3) What is your favorite part about being an author?
I love that I will always have a place in my head that will keep me entertained. I am literally never bored.
4) What is your least favorite part about being an author?
While I'm never bored, sitting in front of a computer hammering tiny plastic keys all day can get pretty tedious. The tedium is definitely my least favorite part of the job.
5) Are you an Indie Author, Hybrid, or Traditional? What lead you to this choice?
I'm an indie author. The things I want to write would be a pretty hard sell to a traditional publishing house, and the thought of someone telling me I couldn't write the next book in my series (I've known someone this happened to, btw) makes me itch.
6) Do you have any other hobbies?
Well, I do have a toddler I am also expected to parent. Although he's more of a habit than a hobby...kidding. KIDDING.
7) Do you work on a schedule? Are you better working under pressure?
I try to work on a schedule, but truth be told, I'm pretty bad at it. My "schedule" pretty much involves me researching random shit until I reach the point where I will literally cease to exist if I don't put down actual words. Then I hem and haw a little bit. Then I put down actual words.
It ain't always glamorous, folks.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years as an author?
Hopefully, still authoring! Seriously though, I plan on having Shades Below pretty much wrapped up by then. After that, I have a spinoff series planned that should take up the next five years...
9) What is the craziest idea that you’ve had?
Whoo, boy. There are a few, but they're going into future books and I don't want to spoil the surprise! I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out...
10) If you could chose any of the ‘realities’ you write to live in, which world would you choose?
When all is said and done, I'd still choose this one. After all, truth is stranger than fiction...
Find out more about LJK Oliva here:
Newsletter Signup- http://eepurl.com/xRJuD